Outreach, tours, and field trips designed for school groups, scouts, homeschool families, organizational groups, day camps and more! Great opportunities for teachers of art, humanities, music, performing arts, local and regional history.
Museum Gallery Admission
$5/person for groups less than 10
$3/person for qualified groups (Must call the Museum 24 hours in advance for a group rate. Must be paid in one transaction.)
Call the Museum to schedule your private tour for your group or classroom (970) 962-2410.
- Guided tours and groups must be booked at least one week in advance.
- School district, home school, and children’s group tours are free.
- All other main gallery tours will be assessed the $5 fee, unless they qualify for the discounted group fee of $3 per person (10+ in the group, reserved by calling the Museum 24 hours in advance and paid in one transaction.)
- Tour fees must be paid in ONE transaction of check, credit card or cash.
- If an art tour is booked on an “Exhibit Free Day,” the tour will be free of charge.
Outreach Teaching Trunks
Outreach trunks provide educators with supplemental hands-on activities to enrich and complement state curriculum standards. Trunks can be reserved for up to one week at a time. Fees may apply.
- Thompson School District teachers and homeschooling families (must ID for discount) – Free
- All other organizations- $10 fee per trunk
Trunk topics include:
- Colorado Indians
- Colorado Miners
- Pioneer Tools
Call the front desk for more information or to reserve: (970) 962-2410.
Lone Tree Schoolhouse
Located in North Lake Park, this one room Lone Tree School House historic schoolhouse is a field trip location for educators to teach their students about local history, as well as what it was like for children of all ages to learn in one room. A key can be checked out the day before use of the schoolhouse and must be returned a day after use. A teaching trunk with a lesson plan, McGuffey’s readers, slates, slate crayons ink and ink pens can also be checked out to enhance the lesson.
Thompson School District teachers and homeschooling families – Free
All other organizations- $65 fee for house rental
Guided Tours and Field Trips
RIALTO THEATER CENTER – Tours of the Rialto Theater Center will feature the historic side of the theater, with emphasis on Loveland history, silent movies, theater restoration and more. In addition, tour groups will explore the projection room, dressing rooms and back stage. A theater arts focused tour can also be scheduled.
LOVELAND MUSEUM/GALLERY – Tours of the Loveland Museum/Gallery can focus on Loveland history, current art exhibits or a combination of both. NO tours will be scheduled on Mondays when the Museum is closed or outside regular business hours.
COMBO TOURS – Reservations can also be made for groups to tour both buildings; however, keep in mind tour groups will walk along Lincoln Avenue between the locations.
For a guided tour, please call the Museum front desk to make a reservation request. Once a request form is completed, staff will confirm the reservation within 3-5 days.
Unguided tours of the Museum are welcome. For groups wishing to tour the Museum on their own, please call ahead so staff may better accommodate your group.
- No food or drink allowed
- No running
- Backpacks will be left in a designated location before the tour
- No photography in art exhibits
- No electronic devices
- Lunch areas available upon advance request
- For groups with children 16 and under, please provide a 1:5 adult ratio per child