Cherry Pie Celebration 2017
Saturday, July 8, 2017
5 – 8 PM
Peters Park and 5th Street adjacent to the Museum
Admission is free. Pie by the slice, ice cream, and drinks available for purchase.
This annual event continues to delight. Enjoy delicious cherry pie and tasty ice cream while listening to live music and browsing vendor booths. Children’s activities, historical displays, and a cherry pie contest make this an evening to remember. Sponsored by Visit Loveland, Johnson’s Corner, Good Times Frozen Custard, and Daz Bog Coffee.
LIVE MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT PROVIDED BY:
Dixie Leadfoot (Rockabilly/Country/Swing) 5 – 6:15 pm
Joe O’Bryan Band (Blues/Rock) 6:45 – 8 pm
ART OF THE TART CONTEST
- Two categories – Adult & Student (under 18)
- Pies must be received at the contest table by 4:30 pm.
- Category winners will be announced at 7 pm.
- Pies judged on crust, filling, texture, taste, and overall appearance.
- Commercially baked pies are not allowed.
- All pies must be prepared within 24 hours of the 4:30 pm deadline.
CHERRY INDUSTRY IN LOVELAND
Thursday, July 6, 5:30 pm
Presented by Sharon Danhauer, Loveland Historical Society
Learn about the history of the cherry as it related to Loveland! From orchards to canning to the annual Cherry Pie celebration!