Main Gallery Pricing Policy
- $5.00 per person, over the age of 12; 12 and under free.
- The Main Gallery will have 2-3 scheduled free days per exhibit.
- Loveland Night on the Town occurs every 2nd Friday of the month. Admission to the gallery will be free from 5-9 pm for Night on the Town.
Cameras without tripods or flashes are permitted in the permanent history collection galleries. Video cameras are not permitted. Photography in the art exhibits is generally not allowed. Some art exhibits may allow photos, but please ask at the front desk first. If you are unsure about what can be photographed, please double check with the front desk staff, your docent (tour guide), or look for signs within the exhibits regarding photography.
Visiting the Museum with a Large Group
When planning to visit the Loveland Museum with a large group, for best accommodations, it’s always recommend to call ahead. All tours and groups requesting group pricing must call seven calendar days in advance.
The Loveland Museum can provide written materials for self-guided tours and a docent (guide) for guided tours. Tours can cover current art exhibitions, local history, or a combination of both. All tours must be booked at least seven calendar days in advance. NO tours will be scheduled on Mondays when the Museum is closed or outside regular business hours. Call the front desk at 970-962-2410 to book a tour. A confirmation email will be sent from the Curator of Education.
- All history tours are free.
- For tours of the Main Gallery, regular admission or group pricing apply.
- Affiliated school and children’s tours (including chaperones) are free, including in the Main Gallery.
Group Reduced-Price Policy
Groups of 10 or more may receive a discount on admission to the Main Gallery as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Groups must have 10 or more people.
- Groups must call the Museum at least seven calendar days in advance to reserve group pricing.
- Group fees must be paid in ONE transaction of check, credit card or cash.
If these criteria are met, admission can be discounted to $3.00 per person, over the age of 12.
Groups booked on a “Museum Free Day” will not be charged, but should still call ahead.
Children’s Group and Tour Policy
This policy applies to groups and tours with children under the age of 16. Groups that book a tour will be sent a packet to review prior to your trip, covering appropriate museum behavior. Groups with children in 5th grade and younger should provide a chaperone ratio of 1:5, and groups with children in 6th-12th grade a chaperone ratio of 1:10.
- If possible, students may prepare nametags with their first names in large block letters before they arrive at the Museum. Nametags allow docents and museum staff to provide students with a more personal experience.
- Remind students to stay with their chaperone.
- There will be other Museum visitors at the time of your tour, so please remind students to be respectful of other visitors.
- We LOVE “museum voices” or “inside voices”, so as not to disrupt other visitors.
- We also LOVE “raised hands” when there are questions.
- Students can be reminded to respect exhibits by keeping hands and feet close to them.
- Please, NO backpacks, food, drinks, gum, touching exhibits, running, jumping, leaning on exhibits or on cases, pushing or use of cellphones or electronics.
- Please only use elevators with students who need the accommodation.
- Please see Museum Photography Policy.
- Chaperones and teachers should refrain from visiting with each other or talking on the phone when the docents are speaking to the students.
- Parent chaperones may not bring younger siblings who are not part of the tour group.
- Have fun!
Outreach Checkout Policies
Outreach Material Reservations
The museum has a number of outreach resources including educational trunk rentals, Lone Tree School House rentals, classroom presentations and more. Outreach is designed for school groups, Scouts, homeschool families, organizationl groups, day camps and more! Our outreach provides great opportunities for teachers of art, humanities, music, performing arts, local and regional history. All rentals must be made at least seven days in advance. Call the front desk for more information or to reserve:(970) 962-2410.
Thompson School District teachers and homeschooling families (with valid homeschooling identification) can rent outreach trunks and Lone Tree School House for free. All other organizations- $10 fee per trunk and $65 fee for schoolhouse rental.
Outreach Materials List
Educational Trunk Rental
Outreach trunks provide educators with supplemental hands-on activities to enrich and complement state curriculum standards. Trunks can be reserved for up to one week at a time. Trunk topics include: Cattlemen, Colorado Indians, Colorado Miners, Homesteaders, Mountainmen, Pioneer Tools.
Lone Tree School House
Located in North Lake Park, Lone Tree School House is an historic one-room schoolhouse, and can be used as a field trip location for educators to teach their students about local history, as well as what it was like for children of all ages to learn in one room. A key can be checked out the day before use of the schoolhouse and must be returned a day after use.
A 45 minute to hour-long PowerPoint presentation can be given at your school with a brief history of Loveland. Originally designed to enhance second grade curriculum standards, it can also be tailored to any elementary age level. Please email Jenni Dobson, Curator of Education,
at email@example.com to reserve your classroom presentation. Please allow at least two (2) weeks advance notice.
Outreach Rental Rules
- Damaged or Missing Item Fees: If items borrowed are lost or broken, the borrower will be assessed a replacement fee. An invoice for the fee will be sent to the name and address listed on the application.
- Non-School Group Fees: Borrowers who are not associated with the Thompson School District or a homeschool group will be assessed a $10 per item (key or trunk) fee at the time of pick-up and a $65 rental fee for Lone Tree School.
- Late Fees: If an outreach item is not returned by the Return Date listed, there will be a $5.00 per day, per item late fee due when the item is returned.
- If an outreach reservation is made and the item is not picked up within 48 hours of the Pick Up Date listed, the reservation will be cancelled.
- For Lone Tree School House rentals, please review the security alarm guidelines with the staff person taking your reservation.