2016 Free Foote Lagoon Summer Concert Series Kicks off July 7
The City of Loveland’s free Foote Lagoon Summer Concert series kicks off at 6 pm on Thursday, July 7, 2016 at the Civic Center Park (500 E. Third Street, Loveland, CO 80537). The annual concert series organized by the City of Loveland’s Cultural Services Department and presented by Kaiser Permanente has become a tradition for many Northern Colorado residents and grows in popularity each and every year. New to the 2016 series are kid-friendly events and performances on the Library Stage and a variety of vendor, artisan, and organization booths.
The 2016 free Foote Lagoon Summer Concert Series is generously funded by presenting sponsor Kaiser Permanente, and the new family-oriented events on the Library Stage are presented in part by the Iva Lee McKee Charitable Trust.
Library Stage performances and events will run from 6 – 8 pm and will feature 3 – 4 performances and/or activities until 8 pm. Lagoon stage performances will begin at 7 pm and will feature two performances from regionally- and nationally-recognized performing artists.
Vendor, artisan, and organization booths open at 6 pm and will remain open for the duration of the evening event.
The weekly concerts and corresponding events will be held at the City of Loveland Civic Center located at 500 E. Third Street. All events are free to the public, and amphitheater seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Lagoon Stage Concert Schedule:
• Thursday, July 7: Rock & Pop: Michelle Lambert and FACE Vocal Band
• Thursday, July 14: Americana Folk & Irish: Skean Dubh and Liz Barnez
• Thursday, July 21: Jazz & Funk: Tina Phillips and Zyzzyx
• Thursday, July 28: Bluegrass & Newgrass: The Blue Canyon Boys and Chain Station
• Thursday, August 4: Tribute to the Beatles: The Fab 4 (two sets)
• Thursday, August 11: Broadway to Nashville: The Wild Road Band and Rebecca Folsom
Library Stage Performance Schedule:
• Thursday, July 7: Storytime by Loveland Library; Ram Pan Band; and Make-a-Craft by the Loveland Museum
• Thursday, July 14: Bekah Smith, Juggler and Entertainer; Storytime by Loveland Library; Yo-Yo Champion Patrick Canny
• Thursday, July 21: Lauren and her Performing Pig Oscar; Peter Davison, Juggler and Entertainer
• Thursday, July 28: Wayne & Wingnut, Comedy Ventriloquist; The Belly Belles (Dancing)
• Thursday, August 4: Ann Lincoln, Juggler & Entertainer; Storytime by Loveland Library; Make-a-Craft by Loveland Museum
• Thursday, August 11: Storytime by Loveland Library; Rocky Mountain Puppets; Mysto the Magi (Magic Show)
The Foote Lagoon Summer Concerts and affiliated events and programs are scheduled by Bryan Zellmer, Theater Manager at the Rialto Theater Center, and facilitated by the City of Loveland Cultural Services Department. Lagoon Stage and Library Stage performers were chosen after an open call-for-entry that took place in the spring of 2016.
The Cultural Services Department is still accepting applications for vendors, artisans, and organizations wishing to have a booth at the concerts, and discounts are available for non-profit organizations.
For more information about the free concert series, please contact the Loveland Museum at (970) 962-2410. To learn more about performance or vendor opportunities, please contact Bryan Zellmer at (970) 962-2421 or visit www.rialtotheatercenter.org/foote-lagoon-concerts.
In the event of severe weather conditions or heavy rain, concerts may be cancelled and/or rescheduled. Call (970) 962-2770 for up-to-date information regarding potential weather cancellations.