Educational Activities for Home
Educational Activities for Kids, Families, and Educators
It has been a goal of the Loveland Museum for years to provide online educational content for parents and teachers, but with the current situation our communities are facing, the need for this resource has become even more apparent. There are many online resources for homeschooling and arts education, but when it comes to local relevance as it relates to curriculum and learning, we feel we have a vast amount of resources to share.
Our plan for the next several weeks is to update this page with several types of educational tools including:
- Walking tours for families (art and history)
- Fun history videos made for kids, by kids (from our archives)
- Virtual exhibits
- Resources for 2nd grade teachers and parents who will be missing their annual field trip, and will still need to teach this content at home
Please check back regularly from now until at least the end of April for updated content.
GET OUTSIDE & HAVE SOME FUN WITH ART AND HISTORY!
Benson Sculpture Garden iSpy/Scavenger Hunts
Choose one or complete all of our new outdoor Benson Sculpture Garden activity cards. These activities will allow you to get outside, learn something new – all the while being safe. Check out the new downloadable cards below. Click here for a map of Benson Park.
Please be sure to practice social distancing while walking in Benson Sculpture Garden. For more information on social distancing in parks, please click here and click on “Parks and Recreation”.
- Benson Park My Favorite Sculpture Map
- I-Spy at Benson Park Activity Card 1
- I-Spy at Benson Park Activity Card 2
- I-Spy at Benson Park Activity Card 3
- I-Spy at Benson Park Activity Card 4
- I-Spy at Benson Park Activity Card 5
- I-Spy at Benson Park Activity Card 6
- Safari Adventure at Benson Park Activity 1
- Safari Adventure at Benson Park Activity 2
Make sure to check back as we will be adding more Benson Park fun, downtown Loveland scavenger hunts, Foote Lagoon Art exploration, and MORE!
Loveland History Fun
Learn more about Loveland’s history and the people who settled here with these activities. More will be coming soon!
- Downtown Scavenger Hunt – learn about the history of some of our downtown buildings in this fun exploration
AWESOME ACTIVITIES BY THE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
The city’s Historic Preservation Commission, in partnership with the Loveland Museum, the Loveland Historical Society, and other local preservationists, created these historic walking and biking tours, as well as these awesome historic building activities.
Create Your Own Loveland Buildings
Walk/Bike Historic Downtown
Check out these other links for more lessons, story times and more!
Loveland Public Library
Visit them on Facebook for virtual story times
Loveland Historical Society
- https://www.lovelandhistorical.org/ (check out their “History of Loveland” timeline at the bottom of the page!)
United States Census Bureau- resoces for nts
Loveland Visitor’s Center
Learn more about Loveland and northern Colorado
Take this time at home to learn more about Loveland! These lessons provide background materials and activities. While several of these lessons are geared toward second graders and their local history curriculum, everyone will learn something from them!
Arapaho Tribes – Coming soon
Mining and Gold – Coming soon
Homesteaders and Pioneers – Coming soon
Mountain Man Mariano Medina
- Mariano Medina – read about this early settler and have fun coloring things and places related to him
Colorado Central Railroad – Coming soon
Cherry Industry in Loveland – Coming soon
Water and the CBT – Coming soon