Lone Tree Fall School Mini-Camps
LONE TREE SUMMER SCHOOL
IN THE FALL
Fall Session – Cancelled
Monday – Friday, September 14 – 18, 3 – 5 pm
Students will participate in a similar program to our Lone Tree Summer School- a fun and educational program which simulates the typical school day and activities of the late 19th century. The history and folkways of the high plains of Northern Colorado will be integrated into a lively school curriculum that features the “three Rs.” In addition, students will create old-time crafts. Instructed by Teri Johnson.
All students are welcome- traditional homeschool, new to homeschool or temporary online students. Please register by Friday, September 11.
Instructor: Teri Johnson
A waiver and emergency form must be completed before class.
$75 non-members, $60 Museum members
For students entering grades K-8
Classes meet at Lone Tree School in North Lake Park
Maximum 10 kids
Please review our COVID-19 policies for class
Lone Tree School Covid – 19 Information
To ensure the safety of our students, Lone Tree school will be operating a bit different this year:
- Classes will be limited to 12 students and two instructors.
- Our class sessions will take place at Pavilion #3 in North Lake Park, so that we will be in an outdoor, well ventilated space. There are picnic tables at the Pavilion. Instructors will sanitize these tables before and after each use.
- Instructors will also cover the tables with a one-time-use plastic table covering.
- Each student will have their own space to work that is at least 6 feet from other students. Students from the same family can share a space.
- Students will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms each day, when they arrive at class.
- Students will be given their own “BOX” for the program that will contain all of their supplies.
- Any materials that might be shared, will be sanitized between uses.
- Any materials that are property of the Museum will be sanitized before and after use (i.e. scissors) and will be used by that same student for the entire week with their “Box” of personal supplies.
- Students are encouraged to wear masks during class, but can remove them while they are working in their own space.
- We will play some games where we will spread out on the grass. If we do any running, students may remove their masks.
- We will take smaller groups (no more than 6) into the schoolhouse for some lessons. Students will be required to wear masks while in the schoolhouse. The other half of the group will remain outdoors. Both groups will be with one of the instructors at all times.
- Restrooms are open and available in the park. Instructors will make sure that students wash their hands and use sanitizer after restroom use.
- We will have extra hand sanitizer in our work spaces.